Directions (BYC and CBC)
To Beverly Yacht Club
99 Water Street
Marion, MA 02738
- From Route 195 (East Or West), take exit 20, Rt 105/Front Street South, “Marion”.
- Continue across Rt 6 along Front Street and go past Tabor Academy.
- Proceed past Island Wharf and the post office to Main Street.
- Take a left (towards the water) on Main Street.
- At the end of Main Street is Beverly Yacht Club and Water Street.
- Please park only in legal locations.
- Sippican Harbor (Marion, MA) is located in northern portion of Buzzards Bay (see chart # 13230).
- From centerboard shoal (R “2″) follow a NNW course to red nun “6″. Keep cans “3″ and “5″ to port side.
- Enter the inner harbor keeping can “7″ to port side. Stay east of line from can “5″ to can “7″.
- Turn northerly at (starboard side) red flasher (R “8″).
- Keep can “9″ to port side and follow the channel (approximately NNW course).
- Beverly Yacht Club is on the western shore of the inner harbor. There is no docking at Beverly Yacht Club.
- Locate and tie-up to your assigned mooring. Do not pickup any mooring not specifically assigned to your vessel.
- Use channel 68 to call for the “Beverly Yacht Club launch” for transportation to Beverly Yacht Club (and for help with locating a mooring).
To Community Boating Center Boat House at Ft. Taber (Fort Rodman)
1000 South Rodney French Blvd
New Bedford, MA 02744
Note: The Community Boating Center boat house (location for this regatta) at Ft. Taber should not to be confused with the administrative CBC Office on Padanaram Avenue.
- From Route 195 (East or West), take exit 15, Route 18 South, “Downtown New Bedford”.
- Continue to the traffic light at the end of the divided highway at Cove Street .
- Continue straight south for 1.5 miles on West Rodney French Blvd.
- Bear to left, following road past CMaST.
- Continue straight on South Rodney French Blvd for 1/2 mile.
- Turn right at shore, through stone gate entrance to Fort Taber (Fort Rodman).
- Stay to left along shoreline, continue 1/8 mile to parking area at the end.
- CBC boat house is a tan, stucco building, the last along the shore on your left.